Mustang GT Heritage Glassback


My interpretation of a hatchback "Heritage" version of the new Mustang in an updated Poppy Red. The combination of brushed aluminum lift-off roof panel and wraparound rear hatch is evocative of the original Mustang I's "basket handle." I added dual chrome strakes to the side coves referencing past models and black rocker panels with bright trim to visually thin out the body. I understand the designers not wanting to reprise the faux gas cap in the rear panel, but I'd still lik...e some sort of circular motif. In this rendering I've included what would be an iridescent and reflector depression centered behind the GT logo. Under various lighting conditions it would change from virtually invisible to a chrome-like appearance.

And now that the Camaro is exclusively a notch back, maybe it's time for a Mustang Hatchback to be offered as an alternative.